BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Artist's that I like

So last tuesday my teacher, Alex Piccirillo asked me who my favorite artist is. I responded, Caravaggio

totally forgetting all of the artists that I have discovered over the past years. I mean don't get me wrong, Caravaggio is one of the many painters that I like. I love the lighting of the piece and the dark contrast compared to the soft yellow light. All of his pieces are like that, but he is just one of the many few.

I also like James Abboutt McNeil Whistler.. everyone knows him for painting Whistler's mother. I really like his work, it is very real as well as extremly stylized. It is kind of how my paintings are, realistic but stylized. I enjoy his work a lot.



Another painter that I like is John White Alexander


I have noticed that I like American Artits's in kinda of the same time period. Realistic, but all of these painters have their own stlye, their own unique intrigue about thier work. I hopefully will be like that as well as I develop my art work.

0 comments: